Nassau County Legislator Judi Bosworth (D-Great Neck) is pleased to be working in cooperation with North Shore-LIJ Medical Group to bring a Community Health Fair to the 10th Legislative District on Wednesday, October 24th from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Great Neck House, 14 Arrandale Avenue in Great Neck.
The vast array of health services being provided include:
- FREE blood pressure screening
- FREE cholesterol screening
- FREE blood glucose screening
- FREE calculation of body mass index (nutrition counseling)
- FLU IMMUNIZATIONS for adults ( $20 or Active Medicare Part B accepted)
- “Ask the Doctor”
- “Elderizing Your Home”
- Diabetes education
Some of the agencies and government offices that will be present to provide information to residents include:
- Nassau County Office of Consumer Affairs
- American Red Cross
- Office of New York State Comptroller Tom DiNapoli – Office of Unclaimed Funds
- Nassau County Board of Elections voting machine demonstrations
- Nassau/Suffolk Law Services
- Office of New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman
- Long Island Power Authority
- Nassau County Department of Human Services: Office for Aging
WHOLE FOODS is generously donating refreshments for those who attend.
For more information, please call the Office of Community and Public Health at 516-465-2500 or Leg. Bosworth’s office at 516-571-6210.