A joint-sponsored health fair is set to take place in Great Neck Wednesday for those seeking a variety of minor medical services.
Sponsored by Nassau County Legis. Judi Bosworth, D-Great Neck, the event will be held in cooperation with North Shore-LIJ Medical Group from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Great Neck House Oct. 24.
Numerous free health services including blood pressure tests; cholesterol checks; blood glucose screenings and body mass index calculations will be featured.
Flu immunizations for adults will be available for a $20 fee or through an Active Medicare Part B plan.
Seminar subjects include, “Ask the Doctor, “Elderizing Your Home, and diabetes education.
Refreshments will be served. Admission to the event is free.
For more information, please call the Office of Community and Public Health at 516-465-2500 or Leg. Bosworth’s office at 516-571-6210.
Some of the agencies and government offices that will be present to provide information to residents include:
- Nassau County Office of Consumer Affairs
- American Red Cross
- Office of New York State Comptroller Tom DiNapoli – Office of Unclaimed Funds
- Nassau County Board of Elections voting machine demonstrations
- Nassau/Suffolk Law Services
- Office of New York State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman
- Long Island Power Authority
- Nassau County Department of Human Services: Office for Aging